QuickBooks Error Code 6129, 0
QuickBooks Error Code 6129, 0 appears when a user tries to verify the database connection and it fails or QuickBooks is still looking to access the company files or folders. Consequently, users are not able to open the desired company records. Sometimes, it may also when users want to make an original company file in the software.
Though if the user is on the network but still the most probable cause is the network issue that arise this kind of network-related error. In order to fix this error, it is important to know the most possible causes and then go onto the solutions.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6129, 0
Though there are many possible causes that might create the error code 6129, 0. Here, have a look at the possible causes that are mentioned below:-
- Due to corrupted or damaged (.ND) data files of network
- In case, you are using multi-user mode and you have not updated its latest release version then it may cause an error
- It may be due to Anti-virus if you’re using the third-party Anti-virus
- There is an inconsistency between client and server
- This may occur when you have upgraded to the latest version with non-windows admin profile
- Improper uninstall of software
- Incorrect entries in Windows registry.
Methods to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6129, 0
Check out the best effective solutions in order to resolve the error, you just need to follow the steps in the sequence manner.
Method 1: Log in as Windows Administrator
- Make sure that you login as “System Administrator” in order to update the required company file
- In case you haven’t login as an Administrator then discover support for your windows
- Or perform the steps mentioned- below.
Method 2: Create another folder and navigate the QuickBooks company files
- Initially, you need to create file folder using another name
- Then, in the created new folder, you have to choose company files
- If you have to follow the further steps, if you are using the same file on different systems.
- Press Windows on your keyboard
- Then click on Programs option
- Next, go to QuickBooks Desktop
- Select Database Server Manager within QuickBooks
- Now select and click folder named Scan
- If you are not able to see any folder in the company file then you need to add it by just clicking on Add folder
- Again, select and click Scan
- Once the scan is completed
- Hit on Close
- Finally, Open QuickBooks Desktop to check whether it is still occurring or has been resolved permanently.
Note: QuickBooks Error 6123,0
Method 3: Turn off Antivirus using Safe Mode on your MS Windows
- Restart your computer without changing your secure mode
- Next, turn off the antivirus software that are running
- Create company file using another name
- Keep your system in the normal mode
- Now restart your computer once again
- Afterwards, go to QuickBooks Desktop application and open it
- In the end, try to start Company files within QuickBooks.
How to reach us?
So, here are the suggested steps to overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6129, 0. Hope that the above-discussed steps help you to resolve this error. In case, you find any difficulty, then contact QuickBooks Technical Support help desk number +1-800-986-6570. Technical experts surely provide you the best solution to your issue including giving you the best tips and tricks. You can drop an email to get further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or can do an online live chat with dedicated experts.